Sunday, March 9, 2008

Venting about Potty Training...

Ok I seriously give up LOL. We started potty training Reagan in January and she did so awesome with peeing. When it came time for the other, it just wasn't so good. We were fine with that, we just figured it would take a little longer. We would work with her and like I said she was doing great for the most part. She was 100% with the peeing. Well, a couple of weeks ago she just started peeing all over my house and her bed every night. She did this for about a week and I was so sick of it so I just put her back in diapers (as bad as I didn't want to). Now I can't get her to do anything! She pee's and takes her diaper off right away. She does the other and she does the same thing and then there is a mess. Can I tell you I want to kick her bum every time, but instead I just say, "Reagan how come we don't go potty in the princess potty?" Mind you she just laughs and ignores me or changes the subject. I am really going to go crazy!!! What do I do with this situation? I don't mind her being back in diapers, but I want to be able to clean it up from there not all over my house. This is why we put her back in the diapers to begin with was so we wouldn't have it all ove the house. Someone HELP!!! Give me advice LOL!

3 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

This is what has worked for me. First, back off for a while and don't make an issue of it with her. It sounds like it could be a bit of a power struggle and with power struggles, as you know, the focus is on "who is going to win" and not what the problem is. Back off and just let her wear diapers for awhile. Don't mention potties or anything. Sometimes an opportunity will come up that help you know it's time. When you think she and YOU are ready... go for it. Don't give up and don't quit. TJ was determined not to go and so we decided to just forget about it for quite a while. Then when we decided and told him it was time, he got it right away. She's still little. Someone may have other advice that works but that is what I did. Try not to let it get to you. She'll get it.

Alisha said...

Julie, thank you so much. I think that is exactly what the problem is. I guess I just needed to be reasured. I am going to leave it alone for a while and see what happens. Thanks so much!

A Blogging Babcock said...

Alisha...I just realized I never answered your question about who was our Cub Master. It's Kerry Hinton. He's done such a great job. We sure miss Matt in scouts. We are getting ready to pass out the bags for the food drive and it made me remember you guys when you did it with Zac. Just move back...ok!