Friday, March 7, 2008

Discouraged and Frustrated (Venting)...

I have not been feeling myself since even before I got pregnant with Kennedy. I had planned on having a full physical after I had her because I figured if there was anything really wrong with me while I was pregnant they would find it with all the tests and things they do. Anyway I have had a couple of spells where my anxiety gets the best of me and I get dizzy and nausiated. So I was planning on making the appt. Going to the doctor for us is a little hard because we don't have insurance so it is a planned process. Well, I started having some episodes with my heart and I got a little concerned and just thought nows the time regardless we have to sacrafice and I need to go. Well, I make the appt. and the receptionist asks if I need a yearly, I told her not really I have a Doc. I go to. She said whats bringing you in? I told her I had some concerns with my heart and I want a full physical. They were 3 weeks out, but I made the appt. anyway. Well, I go, they call me back...she weighs me...we go in the room and she says your here for a pap right? I was like well, is that part of the physical? Yea, she said with a look on her face like she didn't know what I was talking about. She had a piece of paper in her hand and asked me what brought me in...I told her what was going on as she wrote it all down. She told me what I needed to do to get ready for the Doc to come in. So I get all ready and the Doc comes in...she asks me what brings me in and I say, "I just haven't been feeling myself since I had my baby." She says, "How old is baby?" I tell her and I tell her my main concern and what really brought me in was how worried I was about my heart. It went in one ear and out the other. She asks me if I take any medication on a regular basis. I tell her no. She asks me if I take some medication I had never heard of and I say no what is that. She beats around the bush for a minute and tells me it is an anti-depresant. I tell her no. So she does the yearly, gets done and tells me I think you are depressed. I kind of lauged and I said, "Really...you think I am depressed?" She says, "Yes I do and I think this medication will help with your energy BLAH BLAH BLAH!" I was so confused what just happened. I didn't get any of my questions answered about my heart and I realized they didn't even take my blood pressure. What the heck just happened. So she says I want to check your Thyroid and CBC. I thought to myself my OB just did that and told me it was normal...he's the one who told me to go to my Doc and get a Physical. I should of told her that, but I was so confused on what just happened and how nothing I talked about was addressed. Mind you after my OB did those tests and then told me to go to my Doc for a physical I didn't and now still don't have a Doc for myself. I went to this Doc because she was refered to me...the person who refered her feels awful, but how did she know. (Please don't worry about it because it is not your fault)! So on my way down the hall to the lab I was thinking was that a physical? Don't they check your cholesterol and other things....Don't they take your blood pressure. I was so confused. I get my blood done and walk down to my car and then really start thinking I just paid 294.00 for that and I didn't get any of my questions addressed about my heart. I still couldn't figure out how come they didn't even take my blood pressure. I was really frustrated and confused. The more I thought about it....I realized I was a new patient and they didn't even ask me my medical history. What the heck just happened? Now I am so upset. My heart is still concerning me and I can't afford to go back to another Doc right now. So once again I have to wait until I can go to a Doc and I have no idea who to go to. So if anyone knows a good Doctor here please let me know. Thanks for listening to me vent.

2 comments:

Julie H. said...

Alisha that is so frustrating, I've had things like that happen before. What you need to do is GO BACK IN to the receptionist/nurse and tell her what happened and explain that you didn't get a full physical. Tell them you'll cancel the check if they don't take care of it. Also, I found out I had heart problems after my oldest was born. Told I was never to have kids again. After my third, I was told I had thyroid problems. Still suffer from that, but I exercise to keep my heart and body strong. It has helped me tons!

A Blogging Babcock said...

I totally agree with Julie H's comments too. I would call the dr. office too and explain what happened. On my last physical, I found out I had thyroid problems. It really stinks but you need to know what is going on. That had to be so frustrating but don't "not" do anything about it. Don't wait but get it resolved now. It's always harder to take care of something if you wait too long.

Thanks for always checking my blog. You are a sweetie!