Saturday, March 8, 2008

Potato Salad Recipe...



It makes quite a bit, but this is all we have left from the BBQ and after Nate got a hold of it. It is his fave.


Ok what you need is:


3 lbs of Potatoes (about 8 Medium)
6 hard boiled eggs; chopped
3 celery ribs; chopped
6 green onions; chopped
2 medium dill pickles; finely chopped
1-1/2 cups of mayo
1/4 cups of dill pickle juice
4-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon of celery seed
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Ok what I do is put the potatoes in a BIG pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, then I cover them and turn the heat down to a simmer for about 20-30 min. Let them cool. Peel them and cut them however chunky you like your salad. Cut up the celery, onions, your hard boiled eggs and your pickles. (I use good pickles in this because they are what gives this flavor, I think). Put all of that in a big bowl while you mix up the sauce. In another bowl put your mayo, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper then mix together. Pour over the potatoe mixture and mix well. Regrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to make it the day before, but I just put the dry stuff in a bowl by itself and the wet mixture in a seperate bowl, put them in the fridge over night; then the next morning I mix them together; then I put it back in the fridge til we need it.

We love this recipe in our family. Try it and let me know what you think!

1 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Yummy! Mark loves to make potato salad...we will have to try it!