Friday, March 21, 2008

I MISS MY MATTY....

Well, today Matthew left after being here since last Saturday. Every time he leaves I am usually so busy that I don't even have time to think about it, but today after he left I sat here missing him more than I usually do. I realized I want him to come home so our family can move on already. I know he is happy with his Dad and Jen and like I have said as long as he is happy I am too. I just miss him and want the absolute best for him. I guess I am just having a moment...LOL! Whatever that may be?

We had a great visit...of course we had our moments. For some reason he loves to aggravate the crap out of me (he admitted he does it to annoy me on purpose...little turd). We went and saw "Horton Hears a Who"...it was really cute. Mostly I just enjoyed spending some time with him. He exercised with me every morning and I couldn't believe how he could hang with me...he did a great job. We ran all over town grocery shopping and just running errands. He was a trooper. We laughed constantly. While he was here he had another book report. He was reading a book about Christopher Columbus. He had it read in 3 days. Man I wish I loved to read as much as him. He just loves to read. Reagan is such a stinker...while he is here she doesn't want anything to do with him (most of the time anyway), but as soon as he left....she kept saying "Mommy where is Matt? Matt's all gone Mommy." I just kept telling her, "We'll see him soon." It rips your heart out trying to explain it to her. She just doesn't understand and as she gets older it is getting worse when he leaves.

Oh well, I am sure your sick of me rambling. I just Miss my son a ton.

1 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

That is such a sweet post. I just love Matt too. He is full of energy and life. He made us all have a good time when he was around.

He sounds like he's growing up just fine if his goal is to annoy you at times! Ohhh, is it payback time or what!

I was working at the temple last night and I passed the sealing room you were sealed in. One of the workers was in there cleaning the chandaliers and I was telling her how neat your sealing was. I will never forget it. The spirit was so strong.

It sounds like you're doing a great job with your family and keep being such a great friend to Matt. He'll always remember hanging with you. (Don't ever give up hope, he'll be back!) You're a great mom!