Saturday, March 8, 2008

Neighborhood BBQ...

Last Sunday someone put a flyer on our door for a Neighborhood BBQ and it just said to bring your own main course, plates and utinsels, drinks will be provided...Bring a side or dessert to share with your neighbors (something like that). I made some "Potato Salad" and some "Chocolate Chip Cookies." (If you want a really good recipe for potato salad, the one I have is awesome). Anyway...we all met in the middle of all the units and talked, we let the kids play. It was really kind of fun. We see eachother at church and stuff, but we are all so to ourselves...this is what we needed. Now it will be nice to pass them and actually know there names. I think Nate really enjoyed himself...he just got right in there and started up some of the conversation (it was kind of shocking to me). He isn't usually the one to do the talking. I was the one sitting in the corner with our girls. It was different for me to see Nate enjoying himself and meeting people because I am usually the one pushing us to meet new people and get out in the social world. I think we are switching roles. I am just so use to being in my house with my girls and keeping to myself lately. Anyway it was alot of fun. I am glad we went because I was thinking about not going.

1 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Sounds like a fun barbecue! How about posting your potato salad recipe?