Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering my Dad (William N. Hilderschied, Billy) on his birthday...

I just wanted to post some more pictures of my Dad. He is so deeply missed! I just hope the hurt gets a little tolerable. I still feel so empty.
I also wanted to share a poem that my Aunt Sharon recited at his service...

When I come to the end of the road
and the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little - but not to long
and not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that we once shared
Miss me a little - but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take
and each must go alone
It's all part of the Master's plan
a step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to friends we know, and
Bury your sorrows in doing good deeds
Miss me - but let me go.

0 comments: