Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad, (William N. Hilderschied, Billy)...

* This is Reagan before her 1rst birthday and my Dad.


Today would have been my Dad's 53rd Birthday. I miss him so much! I have good days and bad, which I am sure is very normal. I have some very supportive Friends, Family and of course my husband...If not for them this would be very hard. Nate thank you for letting me vent, explode... oh just be a jerk at times and then apologize. Thanks for understanding and helping me deal with all that has been given to me at this time. Those of you that I talk to regularly know what I am talking about. Thanks Aunt Kathy and Aunt Sharon for the emails and all the encouraging words. I miss you both tremendously! My Aunt Kathy sent me a birthday gift that just brightened my day it was a wind chime and a poem. I would like to share the poem that came with it:




WHISPERS FROM HEAVEN

When I left this world without you
I know it made you blue.
Your tears fell so freely,
I watched; I know this is true.
While you were weeping,
Days after I passed away-
While all was silent within me,
I saw you kneel to pray.

From this wonderful place called heaven
Where all my pain is gone,
I send a gentle breeze to whisper,
"My loved ones, please go on"

The peace that I have found here
Goes far beyond compare
No rain, no clouds, no suffering-
Just LOVE from everywhere.
You need not be troubled
Just stay close to GOD in prayer
Someday we'll be reunited
My love, HIS love surrounds you always,
EVERYWHERE!
Al Littleton and Brenda Smith

This is one of many things I can hang and remember my dad always. There are so many things that remind me of him already, but it's just not enough. I now know what it means when someone says I would give anything to just have one more moment with someone who has passed. I think about this often. I watch his video that I have at least once a day...I just like to see him moving around and hearing his voice. I know he is in a better place without a doubt. Like I said I have good days and bad days. As soon as I start to question...my Father in Heaven reminds me I will see him again and this is all part of the grieving process.


Dad...I love you more than words can say and I miss you just the same!
Happy Birthday!

1 comments:

Mendenhall Madness said...

Hang in there girl, thats got to be very hard at time or all the time. I almost lost my mom a few years ago and I still have random freak out and she's still here.
PLEASE call me ANYTIME I would love to go and do something...anything!!!!