Friday, August 29, 2008

OMGosh...


Ok all I can say is I am so late in the loop here. All I have heard about for months now are these Twilight books....I thought to myself, "I'm not reading them they sound so dumb." First of all I am not a reader...I know very sad, but I'm just not. Then I thought, "Vampires...Ughhh!" Anyways I went to Bunco on Wednesday night and I am always one of the last to leave so I can chat a little with whoever is there. Jessica walked us through her closet in her room because she just had classy closets come in. As we were walking out someone noticed her book collection on her bedside table....they got talking about this book series. I piped up and said, "I have heard lots about them, but I'm not a reader." She throws me the first book and says get started you can borrow the second book next month at bunco. I was like, "I'm telling you I'm not going to read this book, I'm not a reader." Anyway I took the book and as I walked in the door I showed it to Nate....He just laughed because I debated on trying to read them. We had heard so much about them. I get all ready for bed and thought I would give it a try...I mean it was only 10:00 pm. Next thing I knew it was 1:30 am. I would of continued, but I was so tired. I woke up the next morning and I just wanted to get started, but I knew I had to get my girls ready and take Regs to preschool. We ran some errands and then went to pick Regs up from preschool. We got home...I put the little one down for nap and got Reagan situated and I began...lol. The next thing I new Kennedy was waking up from her nap and I needed to make dinner. I got her situated once agian and thought I'll read a little bit then get dinner ready...oh course didn't work out like I thought...Nate walked in just laughing...I hurried and put the book down and started dinner......I couldn't wait until dinner was done and cleaned up so I could read some more. I bathed the girls and got them into their beds and.....YES....I started reading again. Needless to say I finished the book in a 24 hour period.....that is saying alot for me, but now I can't wait until next months bunco so I'm going to buy the second book today.




Can I just say OMGosh like a million times...am I totally a retard or what....I love this book!

3 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

I am so proud to be your friend! Ha ha! Thank goodness you have seen the light! (Or the dark...I don't know.)

Let me know what you think of the rest of the series. She has another book she has written too (not in that series) if you want to read it. I'd be happy to loan it to you.

Brad and Genis Barben said...

So you converted along with the other million of us gals, great book, red them all, loved them! Matt looks so grown-up, he is a good-lookin kid. I'm glad he is liking school. I hope you can get him home soon, you guys are in our thoughts (we'll start praying for you too.) Sometimes He's the only one that CAN get things done. Your a great mom Alisha, Matt knows you love him! take care.
Genis

Jason & Claire said...

ha ha- I did the exact same thing! I ended up reading the first three in one weekend! Happy reading!