Friday, August 1, 2008

Dear Dad (William N. Hilderscheid, Billy)...

Note: Press the pause button on our music before you push play on this video. Our music is on the side bar towards the top of the page.


Dad I know we had a crazy home life, but it was what it was. I am just so happy that I had a chance to build a better and healthier relationship with you these last couple of years. I have so many regrets, but I know you loved me and you were proud of me because you told me. Dad...you are the only one I needed to hear that from. I wished you could of got to know my kids more then you did. I wished you could of got to know Nate better then you did. I wished I would have spent more time with you. When I look back on my child hood I know you taught me everything I know....your OCD rubbed off on me...my husband probably doesn't thank you for that. I have all of your corky habits...like how you did the laundry and how you vacuumed and dusted. I still turn the water off between shampooing and face washing etc... I look at our pictures and my heart just hurts because I just didn't have enough time with you. I Love You with my WHOLE Heart!!! I am so amazed at all the things you saw and you did in your life time. You accomplished much more then I ever comprehended. I can now tell you I am so very Proud of you Dad!
I miss you so much,
Alisha

3 comments:

Julie H. said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you're feeling better. Is this video current of him? Because you don't resemble him much, maybe you take more after your Mom. By the way, I love your family pictures. You did very good on the colors for your outfits. Who took them? And who did your guy's hair? Take care!

Alisha said...

Actually the video is very old...also he was my Step-Dad, but raised me since I was 2-3 years old. He was the only Dad I ever knew. To answer your question about our family pics...We had them done at Kiddie Kandids and my sister-in-law helped us do our hair. Thank you for the compliment.

Laurie said...

I was reading my Sunday Detroit News paper and turned the page…i turned the page and there was my childhood friend, Bill (I know him as Bill). I’ve been trying to find him for the last 4 years and was unsuccessful. I’m too late. I’m too late. He’s gone to heaven. I can’t tell you how badly I’ve missed him. We lived on Normandy together, that’s in Roseville, Mi. There was a bunch of us that were very close friends and all lived on Normandy. Gosh it was a great time. Bill had the strangest sense of humor. He had a quiet reserve about him. He loved playing the drums and would play at our junior high school dances. Led Zeppelin of course….The Lemon Song was his favorite. He was very talented from an early age. He was also gorgeous. My best girlfriend was madly in love with him. We were only 12-15 years old then. It was such fun!!! Bill, Steve Kouri and I spent many great times together. Real great times!! I’m in tears…..this is killing me. I wished we could have stayed in each others lives. He was a great friend. I looked for him for years and found him today in the Obituaries…That’s not how I wanted to find him. I just wanted to know how his live has been. How his life had turned out. I miss him!!!
Thank you for the video. It was good to see what he looked like as an adult....and his voice OMG.
Alisha, if you have any questions about your dad’s childhood….just ask.
laurielovesart@yahoo.com