Friday, August 22, 2008

My Weekend Away...

Well, I am so bad I didn't even take any pictures this weekend. I told Nathan we need to get a smaller camera for vacations because my camera is so big that it couldn't fit in my purse. I did get some pictures of her mom's new puppy, "Dusty" he is the cutest little thing.

Anyway I had a good time. I went down for my girl friends 10 year high school reunion. While I was down for that...it was my son's Step Mom's baby shower. She looks totally adorable and is due in a couple of weeks from now. I got to meet some of her family that I hear about all the time. It's nice to be able to put a face with the names now. Kayla, which is Matt's cousin, whom I've known now for 7 years or longer....greeted me and my word how much she has blossomed into a beautiful woman...it kind of made me feel a little bit like an old lady. Jennifer's Mother was very kind and very inviting...she made me feel very welcomed. I am happy to know that Matthew is loved by so many people. It was nice to spend some more time with my Matty Mo, but it is getting harder and harder to say good bye to him. I just want him back home now, but I know he'll be back before I know it.
All in all I had a good little get away. I missed my girls more than I thought I would and of course my Husband as well. I guess it's Nate's turn now.

2 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip down here. I was wondering when she was going to have that baby! Matt is lucky to have so many people loving him. I saw him this morning at school and he looks so mature all of a sudden. His arms were very full of books and stuff and he looked very responsible. They grow up fast.

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Glad you had fun on your trip. We sure had a good time having you guys over last week. Both of your girls are darling! Time flies, just yesterday you and Nate were getting married!