Monday, December 15, 2008

Dad (William N. Hilderscheid, Billy) Thinking about you at Christmas time...

Around the Christmas table
there's an empty chair this year...
The precious smile is missing
of someone we still hold dear.

And yet our hearts are hopeful,
though the season's bittersweet,
Because we know the one we love
has filled another seat.

For another banquet table
abounds with joy and love
For those who've made the journey
to be with our Lord above.
-Unknown Author
* These Pictures were taken on Christmas Eve 2005.

This season, may you celebrate the Faith that is the heart of Christmas, the Hope that lies ahead in Heaven, and the Love of those we hold in our arms and in our memories.

Much Love,
The Traveller Family
Nate, Alisha, Matt, Reagan and Kennedy

3 comments:

JESSICA AND LUCAS NELSON said...

That was a sweet poem, sorry for your loss, but like you said hope for what lies aheaad in heaven is what keeps us all going! Have a great Christmas, and I will see you Wednesday!!!

Jason & Claire said...

That poam is so touching. I'm sorry, Alisha. Matt looks so little in that picture!

Alan Joseph said...

Hi,
My name is Alan Joseph and I live in Colorado (used to be Detroit)
I knew Billy really well in late 60's thru the mid 70's
Please, if you have not already, read my story at; http://onlymoments.wordpress.com/2008/08/09/please-its-time-to-pay-it-forward-2/
I was shocked at his passing and came to terms with my own mortality
Best and Love,
Alan