Thursday, November 27, 2008

Missing My Dad (William N. Hilderscheid, Billy) at Thanksgiving...

Just a Memory Away
I'm no longer by your side,
but there's no need to weep;
I've left sweet recollections
I'm hoping you will keep.
Eternal joy and memories
stay in our hearts forever,
Strengthening our special bond
that parting cannot sever.
Now it's time to journey on,
so let your faith be strong,
For I am in a better place...
I'm home where I belong.
And if times of loneliness
bring sorrow and dismay,
Don't despair, for I am there...
Just a Memory Away
- Unknown Author
This Thanksgiving was our first without my Dad calling and giving us an update on all of the places he had been working. Along with all the other things that he did to keep busy. I MISS him so very much!!! Just when I thought I was doing OK and I know he is in a better place...the Holidays came. For a while after he passed there were times when I would pick up the phone to call him and then I would remember...he won't be there to pick it up. I had finally stopped doing that until today. Several times today, I would think...I need to call him because he hasn't called us yet. I am Thankful for God's plan...to know that I will see him again.
Dad, I Love You...and Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

This was so sweet. I'm sorry. But, you're right about him still being there and this is just temporary.

Talea Hollingshead said...

I feel your pain...I know it sounds "generic" but each Holiday that passes without them gets a little easier. My dad was killed 9 years ago and although I still miss him...it gets easier to remember the fun times and not so sad about them being gone.

Oh yeah, about my blog. I got the background from the link in the "family and friends" section that says "Do you want a really cute blog?" There is a bunch of free ones to choose from. As for my banner, I designed that on my scrapbooking software. Really easy...and totally free! That is what I am talking about! :) Happy Holidays!

Talea Hollingshead said...

Oh yeah, if you don't have software...I have no problem creating one for you. They come together pretty fast. I would just need some pics e-mailed to me and some idea of what you needed! It would be my Christmas present to you! :)

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

I know what it feels like to miss someone so much during the holidays. I think that they do have ways to let us know that they are still around, even if it is a memory. I hope that you are feeling better! And know that it will ease, in time. But I think we should hold onto the memories, and the love. And we know that one day, we will meet again, and what a wonderful day that will be!