Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our *Ghetto Fabulous* Digs...

We lived in this place from
2/28/10-7/01/10
Like I said in the last post... we got here on Feb 28 and Nate left on March 2 for some training. He was gone for 1 month. So here I am in a new place with my girls, I knew no one and was feeling pretty overwhelmed, but I knew this is where I was suppose to be and was bound and determined to make this feel like home. I wanted to have everything unpacked and all set up before Nate got home because we only had a short time before he was going to be leaving. I busted my bum and got it all done. I didn't get any pictures of the upstairs, but I got our garage/pantry/backyard... lol. My poor girls wanted to play outside, but if you could only imagine where I lived... I was not letting them play out front.




The place was newer so that was nice, but the location was not so new. We had the smallest kitchen ever so we had to create a pantry system in the garage. It really didn't bother me except that it stunk horribly like the previous people kept animals out there. All in all I liked the place and thought I would be able to tough it out until Nater got home from Afghanistan, but nope... that didn't happen. Four days after he left 3 out of the 4 units got broken into. Mind you 2 of the families were home. I was awake and heard all kinds of noise, but thought nothing of it because my neighbors were extremely loud all hours of the night. As soon as I found out the next morning what had happened I called the property management and let them know I was leaving. That is just a short version of the story... it was not a pleasant experience let me tell ya. The ARMY was awesome... they had movers come pack me up and move me into a place on post with in 2 weeks. I was so thankful because at the time I was pretty nervous and was a little out of my mind.

We are definitely not in St. George anymore!!

0 comments: