Monday, October 18, 2010

Movin' to Fort Campbell...

I feel like I have been so busy... I have missed updating our little blog. My hope is to be able to keep this up again. I am going to start from February until now so...

Everyone knows Nate joined the ARMY back in August of 2009. He went away for Basic Training and we didn't see him until Christmas Exodus. He then left for Airborne School... it was suppose to be for a couple of weeks, but turned into 2 months. We found out that we were being stationed at Fort Campbell and were OK with that until they dropped the BOMB on us. He was going to be deploying sometime between May 1 and the 15. I was of course devastated and didn't know what I was going to do. Everything in me wanted to stay in St. George, but Nate wanted us to move to Kentucky. After major melt downs etc... I decided to move to KY. With the help of family and friends, we were able to get our house all packed up. My mother in law and father in law helped us move our stuff ALL the way to Fort Campbell. It took us 3 days and was one interesting trip. I am one of the biggest wimps and I drove through tunnels, over bridges and in a pretty bad storm. I handled it all pretty well if I do say so myself. My girls were amazing... they really didn't complain the whole time.

We arrived in KY/TN on February 28. It had been almost 2 months since the girls and I had seen Nate. It was awesome to know that we were going to be a family again even if it was only for a couple of months.

0 comments: