Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Meet *Sir* Abraham Lincoln...

Nate came home from work one day and told the girls there were some Yorkie puppies for sale up the street. Of course they got soooo excited and wanted to go check them out. I knew if we went and looked at them we would end up with one of them so I asked how much they were. When he told me, I about chocked!! It was late so we decided that we would go the next day when daddy was off. The girls were so excited they waited all day by the windows watchin' for him...



As you can see they had waited so long they fell asleep. As soon as he got home we got in the car and headed over to see the puppies. When we got there we found out the momma was still pregnant. The girls were pretty sad so she told them she had one puppy left from the last litter, but he was 5 months old already. I took one look at him and told Nate.... NOWAY!! I wanted a girl puppy and I wanted her to be cute and small etc... (I know... I'm a big ol' baby)!! Anyway the woman tells us I will sell him for 200.00 cause he is gettin' older and I haven't been able to sell him. He looked so scruffy and not so cute in my opinion, but the price sure sounded nice. I told Nate lets leave and so we can talk about it. I didn't want to do anything on impulse. We had to really coax Regs to give him back to the woman. It broke my heart, but we told her we would be back in just a little while. We got in the car and Nate of course was sold on him and Reagan no longer cared if it was a boy or a girl so needless to say we went and bought him some things at the pet store then went back and got him. They had named him Taco. I was not lovin' that name and so we all started to discuss what we would name him. We had all kinds and then it hit me... "Nate, this is your boy. Let's name him Abraham Lincoln. We can call him Abe." Nate and I busted up laughing and everyone agreed this was going to be his name. So... meet Sir Abraham Lincoln...

0 comments: