Monday, September 7, 2009

Dev... We'll Miss You!

I've debated all weekend about posting such a sensitive subject, but I just need to vent I guess. Today was a hard day because I spent it in Las Vegas at a funeral. Nate's cousin Devon passed away Friday afternoon. It was very unexpected. Dev was only 20 years old. I have had the hardest time understanding this all day. Dev was always the LIFE of the party. He was always joking and teasing. I love this kid to the moon and back and I know he knows that. I am so worried about how to tell Nate because he just sent me a letter wanting to reach out to Dev and I had just sent it to him on Friday morning. I know Dev is in a better place, but like I said it being so unexpected... I just wished I would have spent more time talking to him at Nate's going away party... I wished I would of said so many more things.
Dev,

You were one of the funniest people I knew! I have many happy and hilarious memories of you. Nate and I looked forward to the family Christmas Party's only to hang with you. You made them tolerable (No offence to anyone else). You will always hold a special place in our heart's and in our memories! We love you and we will truly Miss you!

Dev... until we meet again.



1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry about your & Nate's loss.
But I am so glad your blogging again! I can't believe we had to miss Nate's going away party! My little sister's husband is down to 3 weeks until his graduation & she gets to see him for a weekend before his next training. It's got to be so hard with the girls & w/o Nate! Call me & I will take your girls or we can go to a park or something!
Oh & happy big 30!