Friday, February 26, 2010

Proud to be an Army Wife...


I wear no uniforms...
no Blues or Army Greens,
but I am in the Army...
in the ranks rarely seen.
I have no Rank upon my shoulders...
Salutes I do not give,
but the Military world...
is the place where I live.
I'm not in the Chain of Command...
orders I do not get,
but my Husband is the one who does...
this...
I can not forget.
I'm not the one who fires a weapon...
who puts my life on the line,
but my job is just as tough...
I'm the one left behind.
My husband is a Patriot...
a Brave and Pride Filled Man.
The call to serve his Country...
not all can understand.
Behind the lines...
I see the things...
NEEDED to keep this Country free.
My husband makes the sacrifice,
but so do our kids and me.
I love the man I married...
The Army is his life,
So I pledge to support my Hero...
and stand among the Silent Ranks...
known as...
The Army Wife!


-Unknown Author

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! You are a strong women, wife and mother! I can't tell you how proud I'm of you and your family!Please tell Nate, THANK YOU FOR ALL HE IS DOING!I have you all in my prayers! Love you tons!

Bonnie said...

Way to make me cry! I am so grateful for people like you! Nate you are so brave!

I am going to steal this for my sister because she's an army wife too! Thanks!

Megan Andersen said...

You inspired me today with this poem, thank you for sharing! And thank you Nate for the sacrifices you are making for all of us!!